Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Well today is the day after Halloween 2010.  I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween.  I love seeing all the kids dressed in their costumes (especially my grand kids).  I love the decorations and the cool weather (50-50 chance of that in Texas) but I hate dressing in costume.  I loved it as a kid but not any more. 

We spent the afternoon on a back country road overlooking Alliance Airport in north Ft. Worth watching their yearly air show.  It was a beautiful fall day in Texas, about 80 degrees.  We met a few nice people sharing the gravel parking area with us.  One who could have tried out for the Beverly Hillbillies show who amused us all.    We were there mainly to watch the Blue Angels and they didn't disappoint us.  Taking pictures with a digital camera of planes going that fast and being so close is not easy but I think I did pretty good. 

From there we went to Jennifer's house to see the grand kids dressed in their Halloween finery.  They were all just adorable.  Lacie was princess Jasmine, Gabby was JoJo the clown, Grant was a pirate, Georgia was a butterfly and Daphne was Piglet.  Dressing an 8-year old, 3 4-year olds and a 1-year old is not an easy feat.  Jenn said they spent about 2 hours trick or treating and had a great time.  Daphne was worn out and for once this week slept all night.  Gabbie on the other hand pulled a prank on Lacie at 3:00 am. which was not very amusing to her parents.  That will be fodder for another blog about grandchild antics!  You will have to just keep reading future blogs - it will be worth it. 

Please follow me on Facebook (Lynn Lindblad) for more pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment